Activity tasks allow us to record certain actions, create reminders, and log calls. These tasks can be linked to CMS items.
You can add new tasks in the activity tab of every item.
For now, you can only add two types of activities - calls and tasks.
You can create new tasks by clicking on 'New task' -> 'Add'
Then you can enter the information about the task -
- Title - the name of the task.
- Comments - description or details of the task
- Assigned To - here you can assign a task to someone (tasks can only be assigned to contacts)
- Due date - here you can set the deadline for the task.
- Name - here you can choose the contact that the task is related to (most of the time it`s a contact of the customer)
- Related to entity - here you can choose a related entity (a vehicle that the customer is interested in etc.)
- Reminder set - here you can set the time when the assigned user receives a reminder.
If you are creating a task on the page of the contact, the contact will be automatically chosen in the name field
The related entity will be also autocompleted with the first entity-type field on the page.
All related tasks are displayed in the activity tab on the details page of the item.
Tasks are dived into two sections -
- Upcoming and overdue - here are displayed all uncompleted tasks.
- Completed tasks - here are all previously completed tasks, sorted by completion date.
You can complete a task by clicking a checkmark
After you clicked the checkmark, the task will be moved to 'completed' tasks.
Every task can be edited by clicking on the three dots next to the task.
- Undo - returns the task to the 'Upcoming' section, the task can be completed again after that.
- Delete - removes the task
- Edit - opens the editor where you can edit every part of the task
You can expand the task comments by clicking on the arrow at the left.
You can expand/collapse the comments of all tasks by clicking the expand/collapse buttons.
Only assigned to me - by pressing this switcher you can show only the tasks that are assigned to you.
The number of tasks that are related to the item is displayed on the activity tab.
Each task can have two relations, one with the contact and the second with any other related entity.
The task will be displayed on the page of the contact and the page of the related entity.
Call tasks are the same as other tasks, the only difference is that after the 'call' task is added it`s considered as completed.
To log a call you need to choose an item, then click on 'Activity' -> 'Log a Call' -> 'Add'.
In the next window, you can enter the title of the call (short description for example), leave comments, choose a contact (a person you were calling), and choose a related entity (for example - you can choose a vehicle that you`ve discussed with the customer.
After you save the call, it will be displayed in the activity feed,
You can set up reminders for each task. Reminders can be set during the task creation or in the edit menu of the task.
Once the set time comes, the user assigned to the task will receive a notification
The user will also receive an email if the email notifications are on.